We recently surveyed 1,387 sexually active women about erect penis size and asked them:
How small is too small for a woman?
We also discovered how big is too big for women, whether penis length is as important as penis width for women, and what makes small penis sex so unsatisfying.
This is what we discovered…
1. 5 inches is too small for 38.5% of women.
2. 50.8% of women find a 9 inch penis too big to be sexually satisfying.
3. 64.5% of women find that penis length & width are equally important for sexual satisfaction.
4. 72.7% of women have had sex with a partner with a small penis.
5. 79.5% of women find sex with a small penis to be unsatisfying.
6. “I couldn’t feel their penis inside me” is the biggest reason (79.9%) why women found small penis sex to be unsatisfying.
7. Other sexual skills are crucial to making sex pleasurable for women if you have a small penis.
Note: You can find our methodology section at the end of this study.
1. 5 Inches Is Too Small For 38.5% Of Women
Penis size is a common source of anxiety for men, with many worried about how small is too small.
Added to this frustration, we could find no good data or study available on what women consider too small (or too big), until now.
For every possible penis size, in 1 inch increments, we asked women a simple question:
Is this penis size enough to fully sexually satisfy you?
As you can see from the graph above, when faced with increasingly small penis sizes, women find them less and less sexually satisfying. Breaking out these figures in detail:
- A 9 inch penis is too small for 3.1% of women.
- An 8 inch penis is too small for 3.24% of women.
- A 7 inch penis is too small for 3.89% of women.
- A 6 inch penis is too small for 13.55% of women.
- A 5 inch penis is too small for 38.50% of women.
- A 4 inch penis is too small for 66.11% of women.
- A 3 inch penis is too small for 83.56% of women.
- A 2 inch penis is too small for 87.74% of women.
- A 1 inch penis is too small for 91.2% of women.
We can see from these results the exact percentage of women who consider each penis size to be too small for them to be fully sexually satisfied.
2. 50.8% Of Women Find A 9 Inch Penis To Be Too Big
We hypothesized that women also find some penis sizes to be too big to sexually satisfy them and instead lead to painful, uncomfortable sex.
When we surveyed our respondents on how big is too big in regard to penis size, our results were very interesting:
- A 5 inch penis is too big for 1.2% of women.
- A 6 inch penis is too big for 4.5% of women.
- A 7 inch penis is too big for 7.9% of women.
- An 8 inch penis is too big for 19.8% of women.
- A 9 inch penis is too big for 50.8% of women.
- A 10 inch penis is too big for 61.1% of women.
- An 11 inch penis is too big for 72.6% of women.
- A 12 inch penis is too big for 83.4% of women.
These results prove that bigger is not always better. In fact, the opposite is true, penis sizes of 9 inches or over are too big for more than half of women.
As we discovered in our study, Does Size Matter, the Goldilocks penis size range or ideal penis size range is between 6-8 inches (18.34 cm) in length. Women find anything bigger or smaller than this to be far less sexually satisfying.
3. 64.5% Of Women Find That Penis Length & Width Are Equally Important For Sexual Satisfaction
Popular discourse on penis size amongst men often focuses solely on penis length, but is this the only aspect of penis size that women consider?
We wanted to investigate whether or not penis width is an important factor to women for sexual satisfaction.
It turns out that it’s very important.
As you can see in the graph above:
- For 11% of women, penis length is more important than width for sexual satisfaction.
- 24.6% of women find penis width is more important than length for sexual satisfaction.
- For 64.5% of women, penis length and width are equally important for sexual satisfaction.
These findings make it clear that almost 9 in 10 women (89.1%) find penis width at least as important as length for sexual satisfaction.
4. 72.7% Of Women Have Had Sex With A Partner With A Small Penis
Next, we investigated whether many women have had sex with a partner that they considered to have a small penis.
72.7% of our female respondents reported having previously had sex with a partner they found to have a small penis.
In their most recent small penis sexual experience, they estimated their partner’s penis size at 3.79 inches (9.63 cm) on average.
For comparison, in 2020, a review of over 20 studies on penis size found that the average erect penis is 5.1-5.5 inches (12.9-13.97 cm) in length. After taking volunteer bias into account, the researchers concluded that the average erect penis size is probably towards the lower end of this range . All measurements in this review were measured by researchers and not self-reported.
5. 79.5% Of Women Find Sex With A Small Penis To Be Unsatisfying
Next, we wanted to investigate whether this group of women found their most recent small penis sex experience to be satisfying or unsatisfying.
We can clearly see that the vast majority, 79.5% of women found their most recent small penis sex experience to be unsatisfying.
It’s quite clear that most women find small penis sex unsatisfying.
6. The Biggest Reason (79.9%) Why Sex With A Small Penis Is Unsatsifying For Women: “I Couldn’t Feel Their Penis Inside Me”
We wanted to get clear data on why so many women found their most recent small penis sex experience to be unsatisfying.
The results were stark and clear. The two most cited reasons by women for unsatisfying sex with a partner with a small penis are:
- 79.9% could not feel their partner inside them.
- 48.7% reported that their partner kept slipping out
Both of these reasons directly relate to the size of their partner’s penis.
Keep in mind that there were additional reasons why women found their most recent small penis sex experience to be unsatisfying:
- 47.6% reported that their partner possessed few or no sexual skills.
- 37.6% reported that there was not enough foreplay or no foreplay at all from their partner.
- 30.5% reported that their partner came too quickly.
- 29.5% reported that their partner was sexually selfish.
- 15.6% reported that their partner had erection issues.
6.1% of women reported “Other” as their reason for unsatisfying sex with their not well-endowed partner. These “Other” responses included:
- The contraception we had didn’t fit him, so in order to continue I had to agree to take after morning pill in the morning and not use contraception. There is more to the myth about most women preferring bigger penis. There are lots of things to consider not just being picky. The same can be said about too big penises as well.
- The guy was an abusive a$$hole.
- His lack of empathy.
- He slapped me in the face unexpectedly.
- Condom kept falling off inside me because it didn’t fit him.
- Had to hold the condom in place, which was awkward.
- Just an overall douche.
- Bad hygiene.
- Missionary only.
- Didn’t have sex often enough.
- He cried afterwards every time because he felt inadequate.
- He was an idiot, didn’t know much of the female anatomy.
- Talking way too much during sex to distract me from his size.
- He wasn’t willing to try different positions.
We’ve learned that the 2 most cited reasons by women for unsatisfying small penis sex relate directly to their partner’s penis size. However, other factors unrelated to penis size such as a lack of sex skills often play a role in unsatisfying sex.
7. Other Sexual Skills Are Crucial To Making Sex Pleasurable If You Have A Small Penis
Only about 1 in 5 women (20.5%) found their most recent sexual experience with a not well-endowed partner to be satisfying.
Many of the reasons reported by women for satisfying sex with a partner with a small penis relate to their other sexual skills:
- 73.9% of women reported their partner’s “focus on making me orgasm” made it satisfying.
- 66.7% of women reported their partner’s foreplay skills made it satisfying.
- 61.4% of women reported their partner’s oral sex skills made it satisfying.
- 53.1% of women reported the sex positions made it satisfying.
Notice that many of these sexual skills do not require a large penis.
However, some reasons focused on how the woman felt about her partner:
- 59.9% of women reported their attraction to their partner made it satisfying.
- 43% of women reported their partner’s confidence made it satisfying.
Interestingly 2.4% of women reported that they prefer a partner with a small penis for sex. That’s about 1 in 41 women who prefer small penises for sex.
9.2% of women choose “Other” as the reason why they found small penis sex satisfying. These “Other” responses included:
- It was easier to try new positions and for me to be in control of how I moved. Also, he focused on clitoral stimulation and not just penetration.
- He played w my ass.
- So many other things he did were pleasurable that penetration was down the list so to speak.
- He also used his hands and mouth to please me so i still enjoyed being with him.
- He was tender, sensual, took his time, moved slowly and made sure I came orally before penetration. I felt like he cared about my satisfaction and that I was enjoying it which was great.
- He eats my pussy better than any man ever has and he’s adventurous with various sex toys and doggy style and him coming in from the side with one of my legs raised up are AMAZING. He gives me multiple orgasms every time we have sex.
- He got me off with foreplay before we had intercourse.
- It’s the BEST sex I’ve ever had in my life.
- He knew how to compensate for his size.
- By knowing how to eat pussy really good before putting my legs up on his shoulders and ramming his punishment in me.
- It wasn’t his penis, it was what he did with his hands, mouth and the combination of his hands and penis.
- I loved him.
- I just find him very hot and sexy!
- The man had moved like Jagger.
Our survey discovered that a 5 inch penis is too small for 38.5% of women.
In the course of our research, we discovered that having a very large penis is also not ideal. 50.8% of women find a 9 inch penis to be too big to be sexually satisfying.
Instead, the ideal penis size range, or Goldilocks penis size range, that will sexually satisfy the largest number of women is between 6-8 inches (15.24-20.32 cm) in length.
However, penis girth is also important to women with 89.1% of women regarding penis girth at least as important as penis length.
We further explored how much women really care about penis size in our other study, Does Size Matter. In it, we investigated how penis size matters to women in relation to:
- Female sexual satisfaction
- Serious relationships
- Casual sexual relationships
- Ending a relationship
- Cheating on a partner
We began this survey by collecting basic demographic information. Those who had never received penile-vaginal sex were disqualified, as were non-female respondents. All respondents were over the age of 18 with a mean age of 42. After this filtering process, we were left with a total of 1,387 respondents:
- 1,125 women identifying as heterosexual
- 184 women identifying as bisexual
- 13 women identifying as homosexual
- 33 women who specified alternative sexuality to heterosexual/homosexual/bisexual
- 32 women who declined to provide their sexuality
These remaining participants were asked a variety of questions to assess their personal sentiments, experiences and preferences on the topic of erect penis size in relation to penile-vaginal sex.
Our survey relied on the anonymous recollections and preferences of our study participants. While they were encouraged to tell the truth and accurately represent what they had experienced, the data is nevertheless self-reported and there is the possibility of some inaccuracy.
Big D energy, with an average szed D!
I have a almost 6″ lenth (5.75), 5″ girth and a hook like a banana penis. Pretty much, I am an average white boy.
But…I kiss and lick a clit like a melting ice cream cone while rhythmically giveing her the “come here” finger until she orgasms. When that happens, most women will contract and tighten up to the width of your finger. Then a quick flip over to doggy style to tighten up everything else.
Then my banana curve and D control stretches her back out. When I do that, they all feel like virgins again to me.
“No, you’re NOT an average white boy” I used to hear alot.
I also have some advanced skills to make a girl squirt if she wants to. Not all can squirt, but I can make most blast. The banana hook D hits that jelly bean just right.
I’m not big, I’m not small. But they all remember me.
Be confident, be honest, be generous. The rest will fall into place.
SAD MAN says
Thanks you so much
However what if my size fall on the not gifted man ? I am in the NOT gifted at all…
Sean Jameson says
There are plenty of other resources on here. Check out the Bad Boys Bible 😉
Iam 3 inch my partners have felt I kept slipped out an to small to satisfy
I am 56 years old and have never had sex with another person my penis is less than two inches erect. I have been close to sex a few times but after they seen or felt my tiny dick a couple of them flat out laughed at me and another said bluntly “oh hell no” I’ve come to the realization that the only orgasm I will ever have is the same kind I Ve had all my life, self induced.🥺
Okay so what about girth ? I’m only nearly 4 inches long and the same girth
Sean Jameson says
We discuss this in our study on whether or not penis size matters to women.
I’m 33 muscular Hunk I’m 5.9x 4.4 really narrow penis and I’ll tell you it’s extremely sad, I never gave a girl an orgasm during intercourse most of my girlfriends leave me for a bigger dick and they give me that smile like I was a joke
I’m nearly 3″ erect, and my penis is to tiny to do almost anything that a normal sized one can do. So I really can’t bland these women for classifying snap penis sex as unsatisfying. I can barely penetrate and there’s absolutely no chance if coming a woman up.
Jim Roth says
I appreciate this poll lot knowing my wife is typical. I unfortunately have a 4.5″ dick when erect and have been married for 45 years. She was and is smoking hot with 36DD about 145 lbs and 5’8″ tall. She slept around before we got married with about 20 guys and me more.
She said I had the smallest dick of any guy she fucked and wished my dick was bigger but still loves me. Her last lover she said was 9″ and hung but a jerk.
I was hurt but after seeing responses for 4″ dick and 5″ dick over 50% of the women would probably kick me out of bed and unfortunately I can’t blame them women deserve to be filled up and sexually satisfied
I always knew my Penis was too small because my sexual partners would tell me so. 4 inches, made me feel undesirable to women I am pretty sure this is why I became Gay.
Sean Jameson says
are you also attracted to guys?
Yes I am
Joe f. says
My penis is only 3 inches long hard. I go have trouble keeping it in my wife! She gets very frustrated and has given up on me!
I am only 4 inches at best – my wife recently shared that intercourse by itself wasn’t enjoyable for her as she couldn’t feel anything. While not what you want to hear at lest I now know and can focus on other things so we both enjoy
Chris Robert says
How can I make my penis grow longer and fatter in order to make my wife moan?
Sean Jameson says
This is impossible
sooo I’m a guy, 5 1/2 penis length, but I have no idea if I still stand a chance. Should I go for short girls? Would this change anything possibly? …wouldn’t tinier bodies mean making my penis bigger to them. What would be the most ideal height of a woman..for someone like me 27, 5’6. 5 1/2 penis when erect
Marc W Cazier says
Hi im about the size of a chapstick erect married only give my wife oral.but im bi.an love slowing my body off to men.they love me an it makes me feel wonderful .i think i should of been a women.
I’m 6 inches, never measured the girth but it’s definetely not much. 3 out of the 4 girls I slept with told me I was the smallest they ever had. They always reached orgasm and I don’t have any reason to think they faked it, mostly because they were actively seeking sex with me, without me having to push them to it. Still, it’s deep in myself the idea that I’m a guy with a small dick. I don’t wear speedos, I’m embarassed when I put on a wetsuit, I don’t want to be seen naked and any time I’m approaching sex I feel a strong feeling of insecurity and discomfort. I’ve always cut myself out of the idea of casual sex because of my size even if I would like to have it. Overall I would say that my size doesn’t create problems in giving girls pleasure, but it destroys my confidence towards sex. So yeah, even if in the end it doesn’t matter, size DOES matter.