Cowgirl is probably the single most famous ‘girl on top’ sex position there is. Plus, it’s easy to perform. Just check out the picture below. If you have never been ‘on top’ before, the Cowgirl position is a great place to start, and you can easily move to other positions in our sex positions guide from Cowgirl. The great thing about Cowgirl is that you are now the one in control which can be really fun if your man is usually the one on top and calling the shots.
As I said, this is an incredibly easy position to have sex in. Your man just needs to simply lay on his back while you straddle him with your legs either side of his waist so that your knees are on the bed. You can put your hands on his chest, shoulders or the bed to steady yourself or you can just put them on your thighs.
Side note: If you are currently struggling to orgasm during sex or masturbation, then you may want to learn about the Easy Orgasm Solution. It will teach you how to have multiple vaginal and full body orgasms during sex and masturbation. It works even if you currently struggle to orgasm during sex or when masturbating. You can find out more here.
What The Man Does In The Cowgirl Position
The man doesn’t need to do anything in the Cowgirl position. But to be honest, that’s not what sex is about! While the man is lying on his back, he can simply thrust up and down. Or he can slowly gyrate his hips in a swirling motion to stimulate the wall of your vagina. Or he can try doing both at the same time.
Your man can also put his hands under your bum and help to push you up and down if you are getting tired. He’ll be able to do a little anal fingering, too.
What The Girl Does In The Cowgirl Position
When you are in the Cowgirl position, you are the one in control making simultaneous orgasm easier. You can bounce up and down on your man’s penis or instead, you can move your body forwards and backwards to stimulate your clitoris and the rest of the outside of your vagina. Think of it as grinding against his pubic bone. Or you can try doing both at the same time.
You’ll also find that by leaning forwards or backwards, you can change the angle of entry. If you find that you are leaning back a lot, then make sure to use your hands to help steady yourself.
Things To Consider When Performing The Cowgirl Sex Position
Here are the main things I have observed both personally and from my students when performing the Cowgirl:
Related: If you want to give your man back-arching, toe-curling, screaming orgasms that will keep him sexually addicted to you, then you'll find them in my private and discreet newsletter. You'll also learn the 5 dangerous & "dumb" sex mistakes that turn him off and how to avoid them. Get it here.
- A few girls feel quite self-conscious when they first perform the Cowgirl. DON’T WORRY. It’s perfectly natural to be a bit nervous the first few times you try it. To help take the pressure off, try doing it with the lights off. Alternatively, some girls find that leaning in on top of their man towards his face helps to take the pressure off while also being quite intimate at the same time. Read more tips to feel confident while on top.
- You don’t have to be particularly flexible to perform the Cowgirl. But if you are leaning backwards a lot, then it’s a good idea to be at least a little flexible.
- Keep adjusting your position by moving your hips backwards and forwards as well as leaning your entire body either backwards or forwards until you find a position that you enjoy.
- Although your man may not enjoy it that much, a lot of girls I have talked to have said that they really enjoy ‘grinding’ to stimulate their clitoris in this position while their man is still inside them. Many have said that they much prefer this to just bouncing up and down on his cock. He can also place his hand in the “Spock” symbol so that two fingers rest on either side of his cock to provide stimulation.
- Sometimes your man won’t get much out of this position, which isn’t that big of a deal. Your pleasure is just as important! But do remember that sex is about two people (or more!) having a great time.
Reverse Cowgirl – Turn around and ride him.
Man Missionary – You lean down over your man more.
Asian Cowgirl – Plant your feet on the bed and bend your knees.
Corner Cowgirl – Try it when he’s at the edge of a bed.
Of course, you should try all the positions where you’re on top to see what works best for you and your man!
Sean’s Thoughts On The Cowgirl Position
Personally, I really enjoy the Cowgirl position. I find it fun seeing my girl on top. However, I have noticed that sometimes I’ve been with a girl that doesn’t enjoy it too much which is perfectly normal too (after all, there are some positions that I don’t enjoy!). From talking to the girls I’ve been with that haven’t enjoyed the Cowgirl position, I’ve found that there can be a multitude of reasons as to why they don’t like it.
It can be a confidence issue. It can be the fact that they like to feel submissive during sex and Cowgirl isn’t a particularly submissive position. It can be because they just don’t get much pleasure from Cowgirl when compared to other positions.
Orgasm Every Time. Easily. Here’s How...
I want to tell you about my friend Karen.
Karen came to me one day. She was hysterical.
She told me that her marriage was falling apart because she and her husband didn’t have satisfying sex.
Every time they were intimate, Karen was faking her orgasms. It turns out she couldn’t orgasm during sex.
She never had an orgasm in her entire life. Not one!
This left her feeling embarrassed and ashamed. And...
She completely hid this from her husband. Thankfully...
It turns out that there is a way for any woman to orgasm. Easily. And have multiple vaginal and full body orgasms during sex and masturbation.
I shared the process with Karen.
After she followed the simple process, she could barely come to terms with how...
Quickly and dramatically her sex life changed.
We met up a few months later and...
She would not stop talking about it,
“I thought I was one of those women who couldn’t orgasm. I used to think I was ‘broken’ and ‘unfixable.’ This saved my sex life, and that saved my marriage.”
Even if you currently struggle to orgasm during sex or when masturbating, this process will also work for you.
And best of all, you don’t need to do anything weird or uncomfortable to start having the best orgasms and sex of your life.